These coir bricks are an excellent alternative to compost. Coir, also known as coir fibre pith, coir dust or coco peat, it is a natural fibre extracted from coconut husk. A perfect multipurpose growing medium.
250g is roughly 3.25 litres.
- 100% biodegradable and environmentally sustainable
- Neutral pH values
- A strong and healthy root system
- Good aeration and water drainage
- Free from soil-borne pathogens and weeds
- Helps to increase vegetation & soil fertility
- Perfect growing medium for any type of growing in nurseries, gardens, greenhouses, lawns and patios
How to use
- Place the brick in a large container, note that the brick will expand 5-7 times once it's hydrated, so ensure you choose a container large enough
- Add water (roughly 1 litre) and soak the coco brick
- Allow the dry coir to absorb the water and expand (15 – 20 mins)
- Stir and fluff the coir until it resembles a compost-like consistency (add more water if it looks dry)
- Now it is ready to be placed either on the ground or in the container/pot